Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Hanna


The problem with doing a themed blog, is that you paint yourself into a bit of a corner. There are times when I want to protest that there is more to me than my garden, but this objection is rather silly. The only person who limited my blog to the subject of gardening was me.

When I started doing some of the texture challenges on Kim Klassen's Cafe, I saw it as an opportunity to step outside the confines of this self-imposed subject matter. 

And what subject have I used in my texture experiments so far? Flowers! 

So, I was glad this week when the challenge was to work with a portrait. 

To create these portraits, I used Stained Linen (soft light blending mode), Warm Sun (which I colored blue in a Hue Adjustment- it cooled the browns) and Serendipity (multiply blending mode).



I couldn't decide which one I liked best, so I am showing all three. Which one do you like?

To see other beautiful photographs, please click the link: Kim Klassen Cafe.

13 comments:

  1. Your portraits are lovely. I found myself in the same situation; feeling a bit hemmed-in...so I created another blog. It's called Live, Love, Shoot (www.liveloveshoot.blogspot.com). Now I can post my other non-gardening shots there without guilt!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think you did a wonderful job and isn't it nice to be able to step out of our comfort zone once in a while? My fave is the last one!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great shots! Love the texture!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the first one, you are very beautiful x and the textures are lovely of course!

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are just beautiful! I think I like the 3rd one the best--

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely images and choice of texture. Thanks for stopping by. Hope you have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  7. They are all lovely, and you applied the textures to perfection! My favorite is the first one--I just love the lighting in it! Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful studies of a gorgeous model. All three are lovely, but since you have asked us to choose, I will opt for the second...it is such a dreamy, ethereal pose and composition! So wistful and quietly contemplative supported superbly by the lighting and texture.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I like the 3rd one best, too. It has a bit of a Wyeth-esque feel to it. Whenever I manage to take a good picture, it's always sheer luck! I definitely don't have your talent!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. The third one is my favorite you have a lot of talent.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I like the third one, nice lighting and color. Feel free to post whatever you want....no rules.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your subject is very pretty so it's hard to go wrong. I think I like the last one tho. It is fun to deviate from gardening posts every once in a while. I used to post a lot more paper craft projects ~ maybe I should get back to that???

    ReplyDelete
  13. These portraits are very good. They have a nostalgic feel to them. I wouldn't worry about going off-theme. Once you do it a few times it becomes natural, trust me I know this.

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you. Thanks for leaving a comment.