Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Special Event: An Evening with Freeman Patterson


Photo: Freeman Patterson

I wanted to take a few minutes to tell you about an exciting event that the Oakville Garden Club has organized: An Evening with Freeman Patterson.

Freeman Patterson is an internationally acclaimed photographer, teacher of visual design,writer and gardener. He is a member of the Order of Canada and his photographic images are in the permanent collection of the National Gallery of Canada.

Gardening since he was a young boy, Freeman has created many distinctive gardens all of which have been seamlessly set into the surrounding landscape and feature native plant species. On the evening of November 6th, Freeman show some of his amazing photographs and describe the fields, forest and bog of his home at Shamper's Bluff in New Brunswick.


The theme for the presentation is "Gardening with what you have". Freeman encourages gardeners to garden, while being respectful of the local ecology.

Photos: Freeman Patterson


I think it promises to be an interesting evening. For event details click here: An Evening with Freeman Patterson

3 comments:

  1. I too have become a glad convert - getting a tall enough vase plus seeing buckets of gorgeous glad colour were enough for me to shake my flower of death feelings about them. I'm picking up my tickets on Monday - so looking forward to Freeman's presentation.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the info. Sounds like it will be a very enjoyable event.
    Lisa@SuburbanRetreat

    ReplyDelete
  3. jennifer I haven't followed the links yet but will soon, I just arrived at your blog love the bright, happy flowers in the next post but when I started to read this poat I am green, green, green with envy, years ago where I lived then they had some of his books in the library, I love, love, love his photos and learnt so much from his books, I didn't realise he was a garden too, thanks,

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you. Thanks for leaving a comment.